Andover Water Heater Repair & Installation
Qualified Water Heater Technicians in the Wichita Area
If there’s a problem with your water heater, remember to call our expert plumbers. Since 1978, our local plumbing company has been providing top-notch water heater services in Andover, Wichita, and beyond. We at Simmons Plumbing not only have extensive experience but we’ve also been through rigorous training to ensure reliable water heater repairs, replacements, and new installations.
As an industry veteran and a company that cares about our customers, we understand how miserable it is to take icy showers or do chores without hot water. Let us provide you with the high-quality water heater services you deserve. In addition to our expert water heater service, we provide professional and reliable drain cleaning as well!
Give us a call at (316) 444-3900 to schedule an appointment with our qualified plumbers!
Is It Time to Replace Your Water Heater?
Although we can always repair your water heater, sometimes it’s smarter and more cost-effective to just replace the unit altogether. New models of water heaters are extremely energy-efficient and offer a range of advanced features for your utmost safety and convenience.
Consider replacing your water heater when:
- It is over 15 years old - Most water heaters are only supposed to last 15 or 20 years, anything after that dramatically increases the chances of it breaking down. By the 20-year mark, you should look at putting in a new water heater.
- It breaks down frequently - Your water heater shouldn't need to be fixed more than twice a year. Instead of trying to keep your old water heater running, it may be a wise investment to replace it with a new one.
- The water temperature is always inconsistent - If you notice that your water temperature seems to be nice and warm one moment and then frigid cold the next, it could be that your water heater has a faulty heating element or sediment build-up at the bottom of the water heater tank.
- The water is discolored - If you notice that your water is coming out of your faucets with a reddish tinge, this could be due to your water heater having rust inside of the tank and is a sign it needs to be replaced.
Simmons Plumbing is an authorized installer of trusted water heater brands. When you contact us for water heater replacement in the Wichita area, we will not only provide a flawless installation but also help you choose a new water heater that perfectly matches your hot water needs and budget.
Check out our reviews to see what our customers have to say about working with our team of expert plumbers!
Water Heater Repair in Greater Wichita
Do you keep running out of hot water? Is your water heater leaking? At Simmons Plumbing, no water heater problem in Wichita is either too big or too small for us to handle. There are a couple of signs that you can look out for that will help you determine whether your water heater issue requires professional help.
Some signs that you need to repair your water heater include:
- Your water heater is making strange noises
- You have no hot water
- You keep running out of hot water too soon
- Your water looks cloudy
- Your water has a metallic taste to it
- There are fluctuations in your water temperature
- Your water heater is leaking
- There is low water pressure
- Your water looks rusty or has a yellow-brown tint
- Your water has an unpleasant smell
- It's been over a year since you last got your water heater checked
Leaving a water heater problem unnoticed can lead to costly damages that you can avoid. If you notice any of the signs above, we highly suggest that you contact a water heater professional as soon as possible. A Wichita water heater expert will be able to get your water heater inspected and repair whatever is necessary to get it back up and running in no time.
Tankless Water Heater Services
At Simmons Plumbing, we're committed to providing homeowners with innovative solutions that enhance comfort and energy efficiency. One such solution that has gained popularity is the tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, offer a range of benefits that make them a compelling choice for modern households seeking efficient and consistent hot water.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Unlike traditional water heaters with storage tanks, tankless water heaters operate on the principle of heating water as it's needed. When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water travels through the unit's heat exchanger, where it's rapidly heated to the desired temperature. This means you receive a constant supply of hot water without the need for a storage tank.
The Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy Efficiency: Tankless water heaters are renowned for their energy efficiency. They only heat water when it's required, eliminating the standby energy losses associated with traditional tanks.
- Unlimited Hot Water: With a tankless water heater, you'll never run out of hot water, making them ideal for households with high hot water demands or simultaneous usage.
- Space-Saving Design: Tankless units are compact and wall-mounted, freeing up valuable space in your home. This makes them particularly suitable for smaller residences.
- Longer Lifespan: Tankless water heaters typically have a longer lifespan than traditional tanks. With the proper maintenance, tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years or more.
- Reduced Water Waste: Traditional tanks often require cold water to be run while waiting for hot water. Tankless units eliminate this practice, helping conserve water.
- Lower Operating Costs: While the upfront cost of tankless water heaters can be higher, their energy savings over time can offset this initial investment.
- Precise Temperature Control: Tankless units allow precise temperature control, ensuring you get the water temperature you desire consistently.
- Reduced Risk of Leaks and Floods: Since tankless units don't store water, the risk of leaks and flooding due to a burst tank is eliminated.
- Environmentally Friendly: Tankless water heaters contribute to reduced energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, aligning with eco-friendly living.
- Flexible Installation: - Tankless water heaters can be installed indoors or outdoors, offering flexibility in terms of placement.
While tankless water heaters offer numerous advantages, it's essential to consider your household's hot water needs and consult with professionals to determine if they're the right fit for you. At Simmons Plumbing, we specialize in tankless water heater installations, ensuring efficient, reliable, and expertly installed solutions that cater to your specific requirements.
Contact us to explore the benefits of tankless water heaters and make a step towards a more energy-efficient and convenient hot water system!
How to Choose the Right Water Heater for Your Home
Selecting the right water heater for your home is a crucial decision that directly impacts your comfort, energy efficiency, and utility costs. At Simmons Plumbing, we understand that navigating the various options can be overwhelming.
Let us help you make an informed choice when choosing a water heater that suits your household's needs and consider the following:
- Assess Your Hot Water Needs: Consider the number of occupants in your household and their hot water usage habits. This includes factors like showers, baths, dishwashing, laundry, and more.
- Types of Water Heaters: Understand the different types of water heaters available: tankless, traditional tank, and heat pump. Each type has unique features that cater to specific needs.
- Efficiency Matters: Energy efficiency is a crucial factor. Tankless water heaters and heat pumps are known for their higher efficiency compared to traditional tanks.
- Fuel Source: Determine the fuel source available in your home—electricity, natural gas, propane, or solar. Your choice will impact both operating costs and installation options.
- Space Considerations: Evaluate the available space for the water heater. Tankless water heaters are compact and can save space, while traditional tanks require more room.
- Budget Planning: Determine your budget, factoring in the initial purchase cost, installation expenses, and long-term operating costs.
- Longevity and Lifespan: Consider the expected lifespan of different water heater types. Tankless water heaters, for instance, typically have a longer lifespan compared to traditional tanks.
- Recovery Rate: The recovery rate refers to how quickly a water heater can heat and deliver hot water. Consider this when choosing a unit that meets your family's simultaneous hot water needs.
- Environmental Impact: If eco-friendliness is a priority, explore energy-efficient options like heat pump water heaters or those with high energy efficiency ratings.
- Maintenance and Serviceability: - Research the maintenance requirements of different water heater types. Tankless units may require less maintenance, while traditional tanks may need periodic flushing.
- Future Home Plans: - Consider your future home plans. If you're planning to stay in your current home for a long time, investing in a more efficient unit might make sense.
- Professional Advice: - Consult with a licensed plumber to assess your specific needs and receive professional recommendations tailored to your household.
- Warranties and Long-Term Costs: - Compare warranties offered by manufacturers and understand how they impact the long-term cost of ownership.
At Simmons Plumbing, we're dedicated to helping you find the ideal water heater solution for your home. Our experienced team can provide expert advice, assess your needs, and perform professional water heater installations to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Servicing All Types of Water Heaters in the Greater Wichita Area
Whether you own or are interested in a conventional storage tank, tankless, or hybrid water heater, our expert plumbers can handle them all. We’ve been servicing a wide range of water heaters for decades, so you can rest assured we have what it takes to do the job right. Our Wichita plumbing team is also available for same-day and 24-hour emergency services for water heater issues that can’t wait until the next day.
"They were knowledgeable and respectful and did the job right. I am very pleased."
They were knowledgeable and respectful and did the job right. I am very pleased.- Brett B.
"Honest, quick and they do great work!"
Honest, quick and they do great work!- Ben W.
"Simmons plumbing was absolutely amazing!"
Simmons plumbing was absolutely amazing!- Brittany G.
"I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!"
I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!- Rajesh K.