Andover Drain Cleaning
We Get Your Drains Flowing Again
Imagine enjoying a nice shower, but instead of the water going down the drain, it keeps rising and rising. This means you have a clogged drain. Although a common plumbing issue, drain clogs can render your bathroom or kitchen unusable when not addressed immediately.
Additionally, clogged drains have the potential to cause a leak or break in your sewer line, leaving you with a more expensive repair. Whether your drains are slow or completely blocked, immediately enlist the help of the professionally trained plumbers at Simmons Plumbing.
We’ve proudly been drain cleaning in Andover, Wichita, and the surrounding areas since 1978. No matter how severe your clogged drains are, our Andover drain cleaning team can get them flowing again in no time.
Signs You Need to Clean Your Drains
Regularly cleaning your sinks is a task that often slips our minds. You might notice your sink draining slowly, but it's easy to forget as soon as you leave the kitchen or bathroom. Consistent drain cleaning is essential to remove the accumulation of hair, soap residue, and even leftover food particles.
Here are three signs to watch out for that indicate it's time to clean your drains:
- Unpleasant Odors: If your drain emits an unpleasant odor, it's a clear indication that it needs cleaning. This is a common issue, especially in kitchen sinks, where food waste can become trapped in the drainage system, leading to rot and unpleasant smells. Don't hesitate to contact our expert Andover Drain Cleaning team when you notice this odor.
- Slow Drainage: Clogged drains don't usually happen overnight. They often start as slow drains and gradually worsen, eventually leading to a complete blockage of water flow. If you observe slow drainage, it's a good idea to reach out to us for assistance.
- Annual Maintenance: Even if you haven't noticed any of the aforementioned signs, it's wise to schedule preventative drain cleaning once a year. This not only provides peace of mind but also ensures that your drains remain in optimal condition.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Clogged Drains?
In our experience of over four decades providing dependable drain cleaning services in Andover, our plumbing team has encountered a wide array of objects and materials causing clogs.
Some of the most frequently encountered culprits for clogs include:
- Soap scum
- Accumulated hair
- Buildup of dirt
- Items like paper towels, cotton balls, and wet wipes
- Grease and oil residues
- Leftover food particles
- Mineral deposits
- Occasionally, objects such as toys or jewelry find their way into drains
It's worth noting that if your property features a significant number of trees and plants, especially near your sewer line, you should remain vigilant regarding tree roots.
Roots have a natural tendency to seek water sources, and since your sewer line contains ample moisture, they may infiltrate the line, growing and ultimately obstructing your entire drainage and sewer system.
Expert Drain Inspection and Maintenance
Regular drain inspection and maintenance are essential to keep your plumbing system running smoothly. At Simmons Plumbing LLC, we offer professional drain services to ensure your drains stay clear and clog-free.
Benefits of our expert drain inspection and maintenance services include:
- Early detection of potential issues
- Prevention of costly and inconvenient drain clogs
- Extended lifespan of your plumbing system
- Improved water flow and drainage
Our team of skilled plumbers in Wichita, KS is equipped with advanced tools and techniques to thoroughly inspect your drains, identify any blockages or damage, and provide effective solutions. Whether it's regular drain cleaning or more extensive repairs, we have the expertise to handle it all.
Don't wait until your drains become completely clogged or start causing water damage. Contact Simmons Plumbing LLC today for professional drain inspection and maintenance services!
How to Decrease the Frequency of Professional Drain Cleaning Services
- Install a lint-catcher - When your washing machine is done, all of that dirt and debris needs to go somewhere. It's usually drained out of the appliance and often gets stuck in your machine's water line. If you install a lint-catcher, you can avoid needing our Andover drain cleaning for a substantial amount of time.
- Dispose of your cooking oil in the trash - When you put your cooking oils down your kitchen sink, what happens is that it sticks to your pipes and catches food that's passing by causing all sorts of blockages and clogs. Instead of throwing these fatty oils down the drain try disposing of them in a milk carton.
- Consider a hair-stopper - The most frequent reason our Andover drain cleaning experts get called into a home or apartment is because of hair in the shower drain. Hair-stoppers are cheap and easy to install and will save you from getting a puddle of water at your feet every few months.
- Don't put the following foods in your garbage disposal: Celery, pasta, coffee grounds, rice, egg shells and chicken bones can all do serious damage to your garbage disposal and your kitchen pipes. Save yourself the hassle by throwing these food items out in the trash.
While there are many ways to prevent a clogged drain, one of the main things to remember is to be mindful of the items that you put down the drain. It is also important to teach your kids proper toilet and drain usage, so they know not to dump just any item down there.
If you’ve noticed that your drains are slow, try pouring hot water down the drain instead of buying liquid drain cleaners that are corrosive to your pipes. You may also call Simmons Plumbing for professional Andover drain cleaning. We can perform this plumbing service for you not only as a remedy to your clogged drain but also as a preventative measure to keep clogs at bay.
"They were knowledgeable and respectful and did the job right. I am very pleased."
They were knowledgeable and respectful and did the job right. I am very pleased.- Brett B.
"Honest, quick and they do great work!"
Honest, quick and they do great work!- Ben W.
"Simmons plumbing was absolutely amazing!"
Simmons plumbing was absolutely amazing!- Brittany G.
"I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!"
I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!- Rajesh K.