Andover Drain Cleaning
We Get Your Drains Flowing Again
Imagine enjoying a nice shower, but instead of the water going down the drain, it keeps rising and rising. This means you have a clogged drain. Although a common plumbing issue, drain clogs can render your bathroom or kitchen unusable when not addressed immediately. Additionally, clogged drains have the potential to cause a leak or break in your sewer line, leaving you with a more expensive repair.
Whether your drains are slow or completely blocked, immediately enlist the help of the professionally trained plumbers at Simmons Plumbing. We’ve proudly been drain cleaning in Andover, Wichita, and the surrounding areas since 1978. No matter how severe your clogged drains are, our Andover drain cleaning team can get them flowing again in no time.
How Often Should I Clean My Drains?
Cleaning your sinks on a regular basis is easy to forget to do. You will notice that your sink is draining slower, but you'll forget about it as soon as you exit the kitchen or bathroom. Regular cleaning of your drains help remove build of hair, soap or even left over food. Below we've provide 3 signs to keep an eye out for on when you should clean your drains.
Strange Odors -
Bad smells are not in particular, fun to deal with. If your drain is starting to smell a little "ripe" this is a good sign that your drain is in desperate need of a cleaning. This is a fairly common occurrence, especially in kitchen sinks. Food waste will get caught in your drainage system and start to rot and produce unpleasant smells. Give our expert Andover Drain Cleaning team a call today!
Slow Drainage -
Clogged drains aren't something that happens over night. It's something that we typically won't deal with until it's a big problem and we can't use our sinks. They often start as slow drains and eventually build up to a complete restriction of water drainage. If you notice slow drainage, give us a call.
Even if you don't notice any of these signs. It's still a good idea to do some preventative drain cleaning, each year. This will not only allow peace of mind, but also keep your drains in tip top condition.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
In our more than four decades of providing reliable drain cleaning in Andover, our plumbing team has seen plenty of things down the drain.
The most common causes of clogs we encounter include:
- Soap scum
- Hair buildup
- Dirt buildup
- Paper towels, cotton balls, and wet wipes
- Oil and grease
- Food waste
- Mineral buildup
- Jewelry and other foreign items
If you have plenty of trees and plants on your property, especially close to your sewer line, you should be wary of tree roots. Roots tend to seek water, and because your sewer line has plenty of it, they will penetrate the line and grow there, clogging your entire drainage and sewer system.
4 Ways to Prevent The Need For Drain Cleaning
1. Install a lint-catcher - When your washing machine is done, all of that dirt and debris needs to go somewhere. It's usually drained out of the appliance and often gets stuck in your machine's water line. If you install a lint-catcher, you can avoid needing our Andover drain cleaning for a substantial amount of time.
2. Dispose of your cooking oil in the trash - When you put your cooking oils down your kitchen sink, what happens is that it sticks to your pipes and catches food that's passing by causing all sorts of blockages and clogs. Instead of throwing these fatty oils down the drain try disposing of them in a milk carton.
3. Consider a hair-stopper - The most frequent reason our Andover drain cleaning experts get called into a home or apartment is because of hair in the shower drain. Hair-stoppers are cheap and easy to install and will save you from getting a puddle of water at your feet every few months.
4. Don't put the following foods in your garbage disposal : Celery, pasta, coffee grounds, rice, egg shells and chicken bones can all do serious damage to your garbage disposal and your kitchen pipes. Save yourself the hassle by throwing these food items out in the trash.
While there are many ways to prevent a clogged drain, one of the main things to remember is to be mindful of the items that you put down the drain. It is also important to teach your kids proper toilet and drain usage, so they know not to dump just any item down there. If you’ve noticed that your drains are slow, try pouring hot water down the drain instead of buying liquid drain cleaners that are corrosive to your pipes. You may also call Simmons Plumbing for professional Andover drain cleaning. We can perform this plumbing service for you not only as a remedy to your clogged drain but also as a preventative measure to keep clogs at bay.
Contact us at (316) 444-3900 to schedule an appointment. We are available for same-day drain cleaning in Andover, Wichita & surrounding areas!
They were knowledgeable and respectful and did the job right. I am very pleased.- Brett B.
Honest, quick and they do great work!- Ben W.
Simmons plumbing was absolutely amazing!- Brittany G.
I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!
I would recommend Simmons to anybody I know!” - Rajesh K.
Excellent customer service!- Steph O.